Turkish Digest Advertising Rates

Annual Advertising options

Saturday, April 22, 2006

blackenterprise.com-Light My Fire ; Yasmin Alibhai-Brown Had Read of a Mythical Place in Turkey Where Flames Burst From Stones. But Nothing Could Prep

"Light My Fire ; Yasmin Alibhai-Brown Had Read of a Mythical Place in Turkey Where Flames Burst From Stones. But Nothing Could Prepare Her for the Astonishing Reality of Chimaera
2006-04-22
Independent, The; London (UK)

By Yasmin Alibhai-Brown

Last June, we booked a holiday in a popular spot in Turkey, only to find that the dates clashed with sessions I was doing at the Edinburgh International Book Festival. Busy and overtired, I hadn't realised this until way into the summer and it proved impossible to get another booking in the same place. Then I recalled an obscure book on Turkey in which I had read about Chimaera, a place along a mountain track where stones spontaneously break into blue and gold flames. Amazing, I thought, that is where we will go.

'It must be a volcano,' said my husband.

'But I remember, the book said that it wasn't a volcano.' "

More:blackenterprise.com