Turkish Digest Advertising Rates

Annual Advertising options

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Salads for all seasons

"Salads for all seasons

By Anissa Helou

Published: September 27 2008 04:33 | Last updated: September 27 2008 04:33

Whenever I go to Turkey, I feel as if I am going back home to Lebanon. The Turks are as hospitable as the Lebanese and for every Lebanese dish, or almost every one, there is a Turkish equivalent, albeit prepared quite differently.

This summer, I was invited to a food festival in Safranbolu, a delightful Unesco World Heritage town in the Black Sea region. It was an amazing three-day eating extravaganza of delicious regional dishes. But what really struck me during the festival was that we were not served a single salad until our last dinner."

More:FT.com / Arts & weekend / Food & drink - Salads for all seasons