Turkish Digest Advertising Rates

Annual Advertising options

Thursday, February 24, 2005

JTW News - Armenians and Turks Speaking the Language of Love

"Armenians and Turks Speaking the Language of Love
View: Nevval Sevindi

'He looks at the tree - does not see the tree - sees himself

Looks at the road - does not see the road - sees himself

Looks up - there are stars in the sky

And looks at the mirror - does not see himself

Says hi'


Armenian poet Zahrad, whose real name was Zareh, proves in his poem that not seeing anyone else except ourselves prevents us from seeing others.

I got acquainted with a young man sitting next to me while I was going to the United States. His family was sitting on the other three seats just next to him. After he spoke a few words, he said that he was an Istanbul Armenian and the conversation deepened: 'I used to hate Turks while living in Turkey. My family sent me to a university in the U.S., as they did not want me to get involved in the events. This is because I used to begin talking by saying, 'I am an Armenian,' and I used to take offense at everything and suspect everything.' "

More:JTW News - Armenians and Turks Speaking the Language of Love