Turkish Digest Advertising Rates

Annual Advertising options

Friday, August 17, 2018

Did Any Of My Stuff Come From Turkey?

Did Any Of My Stuff Come From Turkey?

Willy Shih

The recent news coming out of Turkey has been grim for citizens of that crossroads country, but many Americans have little idea about the size or makeup of the Turkish economy. The collapse of the Turkish Lira has raised the level of uncertainty in global equity and currency markets, but unless you are from that region, you probably don’t realize that the country has a vibrant manufacturing sector. Last year I wrote an HBS case on a Turkish logistics company, and in the process, I learned a lot of surprising things. So in that spirit, here are five things that most people don’t know about the Turkish economy and its manufacturing sector.

More:Did Any Of My Stuff Come From Turkey?