Turkish Digest Advertising Rates

Annual Advertising options

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Media mogul declares his 'masculine love' to Erdogan - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East

Media mogul declares his 'masculine love' to Erdogan

The Turkish media were rocked on May 15 by the words of the media mogul Ethem Sancak, who bluntly declared his love for President Recep Tayyip Erdogan in a TV interview. Sancak said, “While working on his campaign to get him elected prime minister, from my hometown Siirt, I met him. I saw his honesty and courage. I saw his opposition to oppression, his ability to protect the victim. The more I saw him, I feel in love [with him]. To be honest, during my days as a leftist, I could not understand the love between Mevlana [Jelaluddin Rumi, the poet] and [his companion and spiritual guide] Shams al-Tabrizi. As I got to know Erdogan, I realized that such a kind of divine love between two men is possible. When I [first] declared my love to him, I was already among the top 20 on the Forbes’ list. I did not need to wait for any favors by holding on to Erdogan’s coattails.”

More:Media mogul declares his 'masculine love' to Erdogan - Al-Monitor: the Pulse of the Middle East