Turkish Digest Advertising Rates

Annual Advertising options

Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Istanbul- 'The City on Seven Hills' » Kuwait Times Website

"Istanbul- 'The City on Seven Hills'

Published Date: April 30, 2008
By Sahar Moussa

When I was around six years old, my father took us on a trip to Turkey. Even though I was young at that time, I can recollect the thrilling moments that I spent there. The clearest thing I remember is the road trip that we took from Lebanon to this mystic country. We toured almost every city that we stayed at. When I look back at Turkey, what struck me most was its exotic yet interesting mix of cultures: the blend of different elements from the Oguz Turkic, Anatolian, Ottoman (which was itself a continuat
ion of both Greco-Roman and Islamic cultures) and Western culture and traditions which started with the modernization of the Ottoman Empire."

More:Istanbul- 'The City on Seven Hills' » Kuwait Times Website