Turkish Digest Advertising Rates

Annual Advertising options

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Cruise to Istanbul is like a floating hotel with views into history - Travel - The Boston Globe

Cruise to Istanbul is like a floating hotel with views into history
By Peter Mandel

VENICE - You can keep your inland towns that rise over farmland or crouch beside busy rivers. Give me a city that turns its face to the sea.

I like looking out at urban skylines from the deck of a ship. From here, at penthouse height and away from the tangle of crowds and avenues, you get an almost map-clear view of how a port is shaped. So when I read about a Crystal cruise that left from Venice, nosed into the Aegean and Black seas, and ended up in Istanbul, I started imagining myself peering down at ancient capitals of trade like a king atop a sailable throne.

More:Cruise to Istanbul is like a floating hotel with views into history - Travel - The Boston Globe