Turkish Digest Advertising Rates

Annual Advertising options

Saturday, March 07, 2020

The remarkable new hotel built above the ruins of ancient Antioch | Financial Times

The remarkable new hotel built above the ruins of ancient Antioch
Ten years and €120m in the making, the Museum Hotel has opened to find itself on the edge of a war zone

Perhaps the hour-long hammam I’ve just enjoyed and the massage with pungent laurel oil that followed have gone to my head. Looking down from the balcony of my room I have a definite sensation of tumbling through time. Beneath me there is a network of ancient walls, exposed hypocaust systems and toppled columns. There is a wide stretch of marble flooring in what was once a Roman forum, fabulous mosaic-decorated room interiors and an ancient stone-surfaced Roman road so perfectly preserved I can imagine a cart rolling along it.

More:The remarkable new hotel built above the ruins of ancient Antioch | Financial Times