Turkish Digest Advertising Rates

Annual Advertising options

Saturday, May 25, 2013

50 years later, Turkey and the European Union today. | YERELCE

50 years later, Turkey and the European Union today.
Posted on 24 May 2013 by redaksiyon

Laying the groundwork to build a new and
stronger bridges.

van rompuy

***

It’s a pleasure to be here in Ankara, and a privilege to speak at this important venue for international and economic debate. I should like to thank the President of TOBB for his kind invitation.

This is my fourth visit to Turkey – and the first one to Ankara in my official, European capacity. I have very good memories of my first three visits to your country, back in 1976 and 1998, to Istanbul, at-the-time as a private visitor, overwhelmed by the encounter between East and West, and also once to Izmir and Efes, admiring the remains of Ancient Greek and Roman civilisation.

More:50 years later, Turkey and the European Union today. | YERELCE