Turkish Digest Advertising Rates

Annual Advertising options

Thursday, October 25, 2012

Beyond 'Turkish delight on a moonlit night' » Young Star » Article | philstar.com

Beyond 'Turkish delight on a moonlit night'
PAINT A PICTURE By Katrina Ann Tan The Philippine Star Updated October 26, 2012 12:00 AM

What took me so long? I thought to myself in the middle of my two-week tour of Türkiye (“land of the Turks”) with my family where we went on a 3,000-kilometer whirling dervish of a road trip circling the Western half of the country from Istanbul (the only city embracing both Europe and Asia), through the ancient civilizations of the Aegean Sea, inland towards the rock wonders of Cappadocia, then westward through the nation’s capital of Ankara and back to Istanbul. I don’t know why I had previously overlooked such a beautiful destination with people so open and warm, but I’m certain that travelers who continue to take Turkey for granted (which is quite likely as it’s often overshadowed by high-profile EU neighbors) are missing out big time on a unique array of both natural and man-made treasures as well as sites significant not only to the history of the Anatolian people, but also to world history. In a lot of ways, the history of Turkey is the history of mankind.

More:Beyond 'Turkish delight on a moonlit night' » Young Star » Article | philstar.com