Turkish Digest Advertising Rates

Annual Advertising options

Thursday, August 30, 2012

An SOS From a Turkish Journalist :: Gatestone Institute

An SOS From a Turkish Journalist

by Claire Berlinski
August 30, 2012 at 2:45 am

Before I left Istanbul, Barçin Yinanç, the opinion editor of Turkey's English-language Hürriyet Daily News wrote a column that deserves attention. I reproduce it here:

I was in elementary school when I decided to become a journalist; I later started to work as a reporter in 1990. I tremendously enjoyed my profession as a diplomatic reporter, as the end of the Cold War brought with it tremendous dynamism to Turkish foreign policy. By the end of 1990s, I sort of entered a midlife crisis triggered by the state of affairs in Turkish journalism.

More:An SOS From a Turkish Journalist :: Gatestone Institute