Turkish Digest Advertising Rates

Annual Advertising options

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Turkey: pious and distant fr1om the West in 15 years

"Turkey: pious and distant from the West in 15 years

MEHMET ALİ BİRAND

Usually I do not like fortunetelling, but it has something mysterious about it. No one knows whether or not guesses turn out to be right but everyone always listens out of curiosity.

Today I feel a bit like a fortuneteller. Looking at my data on hand I will try and take a guess at what Turkey will be like in 10 to 15 years’ time. Very difficult though, because I know data on hand may change any minute and my calculations may be senseless. But there are data that won’t change no matter what. Based on just these data I will tell Turkey’s fortune."

More:Turkey: pious and distant from the West in 15 years - Hurriyet Daily News and Economic Review