Turkish Digest Advertising Rates

Annual Advertising options

Sunday, August 31, 2008

Harmony Beat: Tale of a Turkish-American friendship

"Tale of a Turkish-American friendship

Enjoy Robin Ryczek's essay about a friend she made through Cultures in Harmony:

In March 2007, I received confirmation that I was going to participate in my first two Cultures in Harmony projects. It was my first summer to travel abroad since a jaunt to Paris my junior year of college in 2002. But this time I was not going to Germany to visit Bach’s church, nor to Vienna to celebrate Mozart’s music as many of my colleagues had done before me. I was packing for two countries – one of which I had to look up on a map to learn which continent it belonged to. I was packing for Turkey and Tunisia."

More:Harmony Beat: Tale of a Turkish-American friendship