Turkish Digest Advertising Rates

Annual Advertising options

Saturday, October 22, 2005

Hürriyet-Ertugrul Ozkok: My last column on Orhan Pamuk

"Ertugrul Ozkok: My last column on Orhan Pamuk

In front of me I have a letter from a student who participated in a talk program on CNN, hosted by Tayfun Ertan, with Orhan Pamuk as a guest. According to the letter, this student wanted to ask Pamuk a question during the program, but was prevented from doing so. There are questions I also would like to ask. The program began at 10 at night. Two hours before the start of the program, a gas station in the middle of the city had been destroyed by a car loaded with A-4 explosives. The aim was clear. It was an attempt which could have killed thousands of people. And it was clear who was behind the bomb.... "

More:Hürriyet