Turkish Digest Advertising Rates

Annual Advertising options

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Turkish Women Speak Up: My Body, My Decision · Global Voices

Turkish Women Speak Up: My Body, My Decision
Posted 27 February 2013 21:00 GMT
Written byBaran Mavzer

Two weeks ago, Turkish courts [tr] released Fatih Nerede, who has a criminal history of rape and robbery, after he raped a woman in Diyarbakir, a city in the southeast region of Turkey, in front of her three year-old child. The reason behind the decision to release him by the court pending trial is, that as the institution of forensic medicine told to the court “It is not possible to decide if the rape victim was psychologically damaged by the rape or not, before 18 months after the incident.” This incident might be shocking but unfortunately it is not the only one.

More:Turkish Women Speak Up: My Body, My Decision · Global Voices