Turkish Digest Advertising Rates

Annual Advertising options

Friday, June 17, 2011

A taste of Turkish delights – The Express Tribune Blog

"A taste of Turkish delights
June 17, 2011

By the end of a week-long trip through Istanbul, Cappadocia and Ankara, we were overwhelmed with the way Turks felt about our country.

“I wish I did not know what I know,” was how Zulkof Ajer had me speechless for a while, after I asked him what he knew about Pakistan.

It was dinner time at the Conrad Hotel in Istanbul on June 4, where we had gathered for a pre-consultation of the International Contact Group (ICG) on Afghanistan. Turkey and Norway hosted this meeting that was followed by a similar consultation among the officials from members of ICG i.e. USA, Japan, Germany, Afghanistan, Turkey, India and Pakistan."

More:A taste of Turkish delights – The Express Tribune Blog