Turkish Digest Advertising Rates

Annual Advertising options

Friday, March 29, 2013

Senay Ataselim-Yilmaz: All Women Need to Lean in, Including Women of Turkey

All Women Need to Lean in, Including Women of Turkey
Posted: 03/29/2013 12:11 pm

At the age of seven I was stuck with the dream of "being a doctor" because that was an acceptable occupation for women in Turkey, even though my true dream was to be an astronaut. When I finished Sheryl Sandberg's book, Lean In, I immediately felt that it should be translated and heard by girls and women of Turkey. As a Turkish-American woman and a professional working to address the issue of women empowerment in Turkey, I believe that Sandberg's book could be a medium to stir up some debate around women's roles in the Turkish society as it did in the United States.

More:Senay Ataselim-Yilmaz: All Women Need to Lean in, Including Women of Turkey