Turkish Digest Advertising Rates

Annual Advertising options

Sunday, February 27, 2011

A new chapter to sightseeing

"A new chapter to sightseeing

February 27 2011 at 08:21am
By Eugene Abrahams

The first time I entered a library I saw a sign that was to make a big impression on me, and fuel my curiosity. It simply read: “Prepare to explore new worlds”. And the sign was right – soon I was travelling on my own magic carpet through fairytales from Persia, walked as slowly as I could with Hansel and Gretel to the candy, sugar and gingerbread house, went mining with the seven dwarves and then, later, explored the wilds of Africa with a bit of help from Wilbur Smith, embarked on high adventure with Hammond Innes and Desmond Bagley, spurred on my horse as Louis L’Amour took me through the Wild West, and encountered death and betrayal in Trevanian’s The Eiger Sanction."

More:A new chapter to sightseeing - Travel Tips - IOL | Breaking News | South Africa News | World News | Sport | Business | Entertainment | IOL.co.za