Turkish Digest Advertising Rates

Annual Advertising options

Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Mavi Boncuk: John M. Evans, U.S. Ambassador to Armenia (Corrected Version)

"John M. Evans, U.S. Ambassador to Armenia (Corrected Version)
Mavi Boncuk

PUBLIC AFFAIRS OFFICE NEWS RELEASE

EMBASSY OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
MARSHALL BAGHRAMIAN STREET 18
YEREVAN, ARMENIA
U.S. Ambassador: Regarding comments made in the United States
I would like to clarify U.S. policy. Misunderstandings may have arisen as a result of comments made by me during recent informal meetings with Armenian-American groups in the United States regarding the characterization of the Armenian tragedy in Ottoman Turkey and the future status of Nagorno Karabakh.

Although I told my audiences that the United States policy on the Armenian tragedy has not changed, I used the term �genocide� speaking in what I characterized as my personal capacity. This was inappropriate."

More:Mavi Boncuk: John M. Evans, U.S. Ambassador to Armenia (Corrected Version)