Turkish Digest Advertising Rates

Annual Advertising options

Sunday, June 17, 2012

Istanbul – a model of hospitality | TwoCircles.net

Istanbul – a model of hospitality
Submitted by admin on 17 June 2012 - 9:59am

By Misbahuddin Mirza

“Could you slow down? Please?” I asked the cab driver as he started racing down the freeway, leading away from the Istanbul airport, as if someone had just waved the Indy 500’s start of race flag at him. The driver acknowledged my request, but, made no attempt to slow down. As the distance between my cab and the car in front of it started disappearing at an alarming rate, I resumed fidgeting nervously with my seat belt, hoping desperately for it to click in place, so that I may at least survive what looked like an unavoidable crash. I started visualizing the next day’s newspaper headlines, ‘Why on earth would a senior engineer trained in the US sit unbuckled in the front seat of a cab?’

More:Istanbul – a model of hospitality | TwoCircles.net