Turkish Digest Advertising Rates

Annual Advertising options

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Lingering over coffee and mezze in Turkey - Lifestyle - DNA

Lingering over coffee and mezze in Turkey
Published: Sunday, Jan 29, 2012, 11:00 IST
By Sonia Nazareth | Place: Istanbul | Agency: DNA

A young Turkish bride confides with a giggle as we cruise down the Bosphorus together, “The food is so loved and such a big part of life here, that at my wedding reception, my food was more photographed than me.” I tell her that I’m not surprised. For just about everywhere I go in Istanbul, the most tantalising aromas accost me. So much so that by my third day here, I absent-mindedly nibble on the upholstery of the hired car and am astounded to find it inedible. Behaviour such as this is almost predictable when, in no matter which direction you wave a spoon, you’re guaranteed to find something delectable to munch on.

More:Lingering over coffee and mezze in Turkey - Lifestyle - DNA