Turkish Digest Advertising Rates

Annual Advertising options

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Windows on the World - Turkish Delight - Interactive Feature - NYTimes.com

"Turkish Delight
By ORHAN PAMUK and MATTEO PERICOLI.

A series in which writers from around the world describe the view from their windows.

Most of my writing time is spent forming the next sentence in my imagination. When my mind is busy with words, all by itself my eye moves away from the page and the tip of the fountain pen.This is the landscape I have gazed upon through my Istanbul window for the last 15 years. On the left side is Asia and in the middle the Bosphorus and its opening to the Sea of Marmara, as well as the islands I have been going to each summer for 58 years. To the right is the entrance to the Golden Horn and the part of the city that Istanbul residents refer to as the Old Town, home of the Ottoman dynasty for four centuries, including Topkapi Palace, the Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque."

More:Windows on the World - Turkish Delight - Interactive Feature - NYTimes.com