Turkish Digest Advertising Rates

Annual Advertising options

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Turkish Delights

Turkish Delights
Ablaze
By JUNJUN ABLAZA
April 11, 2012, 11:43am

MANILA, Philippines — On a journey around the world since I was 18, I became captivated with global design, food and fashion. The highlight of each city we visited was exploring the flea markets and antique shops with the anticipation of gathering new treasures to bring home. These marketplaces offered nonstop intrigue with beautifully crafted goods and fabrics, each one more stunning than the last. My most recent favorite find was the grand bazaar in Istanbul, a magical place where seemingly endless corridors were lined with stalls that sold infinite treasures, from watercolors to carpets and clothing.That visit started my fascination for exotic design. I have never forgotten the thrill of discovering something new. International design continues to captivate me---the great variation of styles from region to region, the amazing craftsmanship of handmade products, and the myriad decorating choices available beyond my corner of the world. I hope to share with you my fabulous finds – a cornucopia of wonderful Turkish delights – and guide you on how to make them a part of your home.

More:Turkish Delights | The Manila Bulletin Newspaper Online